Antworten

SkyQ Mini, Sky App keine Originalton Sky1, NatGeo Wild und C+I

kosti89
Tiertrainer
Post 1 von 11
2.582 Ansichten

SkyQ Mini, Sky App keine Originalton Sky1, NatGeo Wild und C+I

Hello Community,

I was wondering why SkyI, NatGeo Wild and C+I does not have their programs in the original language (mostly english) in SkyQ Mini or Sky App? Normally with Sky Q these channels have the original language as well (also on Demand). 

Thank you in advance for your help 🙂

Alle Antworten
Antworten
mm_cpe
Sky Technik Mitarbeiter
Post 2 von 11
2.568 Ansichten

Betreff: SkyQ Mini, Sky App keine Originalton Sky1, NatGeo Wild und C+I

Because there is a difference in the distribution between Sky Q and Q Mini/ Q App live channels: over-the-air distribution via satellite or cable (Sky Q) can contain multi-language  audio tracks, while live streaming services via internet (Q Mini/Q App) don't - at least not to date.

kosti89
Tiertrainer
Post 3 von 11
2.550 Ansichten

Hi mm_cpe,

Thank you so much for your reply. I think i understand the fact about the distribution rights but still it is not clear at all why all the other channels in SkyQ Mini/Sky App  have the dual audio and those three channels don't. Is it more linked to the copyright of the english audio or just a technical limitation of Sky? 

kosti89
Tiertrainer
Post 4 von 11
2.505 Ansichten

Hello,

Additionnally to Sky One, NatGeo Wild and C+I, I realized that all the cinema channels do not provide the original sound audio in English. Also the new channels Sky Comedy, Nick Jr. and NickToons do not have the original English audio channel. How can this be possible and could you do something to resolve this issue on SkyQ Mini?

Thank you,

Kosti

mm_cpe
Sky Technik Mitarbeiter
Post 5 von 11
2.495 Ansichten

Sorry, but your request is a question of content distribution and rights and therefore, the technical department is not in a position, to drive such topics forward. You are probably also in the wrong forum section to raise such a feature request , cause this category is only about customers, who seek help for technical problems with their Sky hardware.

kosti89
Tiertrainer
Post 6 von 11
2.479 Ansichten

My request is in the context of SkyQ Mini Receiver, whether technical or content distribution. I came here because I didnt have any official reply from the technical service of Sky and I found this really disrespectful for a more then 5 year client of Sky having a SkyQ, Sky SoundBox and recently SkyQ Mini. As a non-german speaker it is very important for me that channels that propose dual english audio are accessible via SkyQ Mini and the problem is more technical then linked with content distribution. First because it is completly random why some channels have the dual audio and some others don't and secondly the latest channels (Sky Comedy or Nick Jr. and the entire Cinema Package that recently re-arranged the film channels) do not have the dual audio neither. Is that a coincidence or a technical issue? If it was a content distribution issue the same program on demand should not have the dual english audio and for instance all the films on demand have it.

If you do not want to help, that's fine, but its not really nice that instead of finding a solution or directing me to someone who could help, you blame me for being in the wrong forum. 

herbst
Regie
Post 7 von 11
2.460 Ansichten

@kosti89  schrieb:

in the wrong forum. 

Not the wrong forum, rather wrong forum section.

Anmerkung.jpg

kosti89
Tiertrainer
Post 8 von 11
2.457 Ansichten

Hi Herbst,

Thank you for your message 🙂 You are right, this is not the right section. However the issue raised here remains clear and to be honnest I dont know to whom to adress and to hopefully have a positive and constructive feedback.

If you could help to which forum section I could ask for help would be very useful 🙂 

herbst
Regie
Post 9 von 11
2.447 Ansichten

kosti89
Tiertrainer
Post 10 von 11
2.444 Ansichten

Thank you so much for your amazing help :))

kosti89
Tiertrainer
Post 11 von 11
2.407 Ansichten

Thanks to herbst I finnaly had an official answer from Sky conecrning this problem that I would like to share with all the comunity, even if in the wrong forum section 😉

Sky is well aware of this problem and they are already working and prioritizing the add of the second english audio on the above mentioned linear channels on SkyQ Mini. Due to Coronavirus, there is some delay but the issue will be resolved. So I take the occation to thank Sky in helping and improoving SkyQ Mini 🙂

Antworten