Antworten

Sky Q Mini can not connect to Sky Q box

ClausVanggaard
Geräuschemacher
Post 1 von 16
3.609 Ansichten

Hi, sorry to do this in english, but My German is justy not good enough.

I got a Sky Q Receiver at home (got it about 2 months ago), and I just got a Sky Q Mini now as well. There is however absolutely no way that I can get the Mini to connect to the Sky Q receiver. There is no WPS botton on the receiver.

The Sky Q box is connected with cable to the router in the house

I have tried via Wifi in the beginning (same router) but as that didn't work I have also tried to have both the Q and the Q Mini directly connected to the same router with cables, but the mini still cannot connect to the Q box

I can get the new Mini to show up on the screen and search for the Sky Q box, but it cannot find it.

I cannot see the sky Q Mini on my Gerate liste either, where I currently only have two other devices out of the five possible.

So question is if the Sky Q box I have actually can connect with a sky Q Mini at all, or whether I need another Skly Q box ?

Or can someone tell me why this is not working, and if I can somehow get it to work ?

All the Best

Alle Antworten
Antworten
georgk
Post 2 von 16
3.578 Ansichten

Hi ClausVanggaard,
I'm not sure what exactly your problem is. Why do you want to connect the Q Mini to the Q Receiver?
Best Georg
ClausVanggaard
Geräuschemacher
Post 3 von 16
3.570 Ansichten

Betreff: Sky Q Mini can not connect to Sky Q box

Because the Sky Q Mini has to get the sky programmes from the Sky Q, this should happen via the router. Without a connection no TV 😞

I ,mean this is what the instructions tells me to do, but it also tells me to press the WPS on the Sky Q, and the Sky Q I have has no WPS botton at all only the Sky Q mini has one.

Sky is also not selling the Sky Q Mini anymore, perhaps that is the reason, I mean that the Sky Q no longer can connect to a real Sky Q Mini. When I see pictires of other Sky Q boxes on the internet some of have the WPS botton on the front.

Janocore
Ehemaliger Sky Mitarbeiter
Post 4 von 16
3.555 Ansichten

Hello ClausVanggaard, the Sky Q Mini is a standalone device. You can't connect that to the Sky Q Receiver. With the Sky Q Mini you can watch all Sky channels. Excluded are programs such as RTL or Pro7. Regards, Jano
ClausVanggaard
Geräuschemacher
Post 5 von 16
3.543 Ansichten

How does that work ?

Where will the mini get the programmes from, and without a card how can I watch anything .. sorry but this is not right. I need a Sky Q box with WPS, is it possible to change the one I have to one with WPS ?

ClausVanggaard_0-1595411364890.jpeg

ClausVanggaard
Geräuschemacher
Post 6 von 16
3.538 Ansichten

Sky Q Mini – Was ist das?

Sky Q Mini in Verbindung mit einem Sky Q Receiver

Sky Q Mini ist eine abgespeckte Version eines Sky Q Receivers und könnte auch “Multiroom IP-Box” genannt werden. Mittels Sky Q Mini kann ein bestehendes Sky Q Abo einfach auf einen weiteren Smart TV erweitert werden, ohne dass man gleich einen zweiten, großen Sky Q Receiver (mit Sat/Kabel) als Zweitreceiver anschaffen muss.

• Tausende Serien und Filme auf Abruf
  • Bestes Live-TV mit allen Sky- und Partnersendern sowie dem gesamten öffentlich-rechtlichen Programm
  • Netflix, Spotify, DAZN sowie die Mediatheken von ARD / ZDF und viele weitere Apps genießen
  • Innovative Sky Q Funktionen wie Restart, F
  • Fortsetzen oder Autoplay
  • Inklusive Sky Q Sprachfernbedienung: mit deiner Stimme direkt zu deinem Wunschprogramm

Sky Q Mini funktioniert nur in Verbindung eines Sky Q Receivers und funktioniert ausschließlich via Streaming.

georgk
Post 7 von 16
3.527 Ansichten

Hi ClausVanggaard,
the Sky Q Mini is a pure streaming box that works onlly with the Internet. The Sky Q Mini must be in the same network as the Q Box.
Best Georg
Papa0462
Tiertrainer
Post 8 von 16
3.525 Ansichten

Hello ClausVanggaard,

you can't connect the Sky Q Mini directly to the Sky Q Receiver.

To use the Q Mini you have to connect it to your Internet-Router via Ethernet or WLAN first.

When the Q Mini is connected to the Internet, you must connect the Q Mini with your Sky-Account. The Q Mini will ask you for your Sky-Login-Data.

After that is done, your Sky Q Mini should work.

Please mind that it only works, when the Q Mini and the Q Reciever are connected to the same Router.

ClausVanggaard
Geräuschemacher
Post 9 von 16
3.523 Ansichten

Exactly, they are on the same network, I even tried plugging them in with cable in the same router,. The Sky Q Mini only gets the the information from the Sky Q Receiver as the programmes are not sent to me over the internet but collected in the Sky Q box from the kabel connection. The Sky Q Mini does NOT connet via an APP to Sky like a mobile device, it connects to a receiver. So if the Sky Q receiver I have cannot communicate the information by connevting with the Sky Q Mini, then I have no programmes on the Sky Q mini.  So, is it possible to get a Sky Q receiver with WPS so that they can connect ?

ClausVanggaard
Geräuschemacher
Post 10 von 16
3.517 Ansichten

Thanks Papa,

The Mini I have does not ask for login data .. 😞

Papa0462
Tiertrainer
Post 11 von 16
3.522 Ansichten

Can you navigate to the Settings-Menu "Mein Sky Q"?

There you should find a possibility to "Login".

georgk
Post 12 von 16
3.519 Ansichten

Hi ClausVanggaard,
what happens when you start your Q Mini?
Best Georg
Lucaffm
Castingleiter
Post 13 von 16
3.501 Ansichten

I think it would help us a lot if you could upload pictures of the problems you described here, because I can't understand your problem at the moment.

ClausVanggaard
Geräuschemacher
Post 14 von 16
3.496 Ansichten

Thanks all, will try again for the 10th time but I simply don't get past the message where I have to connect to the Sky Q Receiver, and eventually just get a failure mesage that it cannot connec to the Sky Q receiver.

Will take some photos perhaps that will help.

Thanks again so far 

ClausVanggaard
Geräuschemacher
Post 15 von 16
3.457 Ansichten

Unfortunately I don't get that message or possibility, and every sub menu only states that there is no connection to a sky Q box.

Sanny_G
Post 16 von 16
3.440 Ansichten

Hello ClausVanggaard, we would like to help you, but pictures would be helpful. Regards, Sanny
Antworten