10 Antworten Neueste Antwort am 12.09.2017 11:16 von herbst RSS

IP-TV

robhitchen

I ordered a new SKY box for cable connection, it has been delivered but it has a TV connector.  I have Kabel Deutschland internet.  What do I have to do to get the correct SKY box?

Ich bestellte eine neue SKY Box für Kabelanschluss, es wurde geliefert, aber es hat einen TV-Anschluss. Ich habe Kabel Deutschland Internet. Was muss ich tun, um die richtige SKY Box zu bekommen?

• Re: IP-TV
          jackinthebox

Heyo robhitchen,

for IPTV customers usually use the devices of skys cooperation partners. If my guess is correct you might already have something like that. Could it be a GIGA TV Box of Vodafone Kabel Deutschland? If that's the case it is possible to book your sky contents on this device. The customer service of sky can make it happen. The only thing you need is your vodafone smardcard number (might be a virtual smartcard) and tell them to the sky customer service. The systemchange costs 9,90€ if I'm correct.

Disclaimer: I might not be 100% accurate. But that's the case for Unity Medias Horizon Box and customers who watch sky via Telekom Entertain so I might not be far off. But then again, the customer service might be of better help than me

herbst

When changing to Sky at Vodafone, the existing subscription can not be changed. In this case, a new record must always be made. Depending on how long the original contract term was, the contract will be adapted to this and the conditions.

burkhard

Ein Internet Anschluss reicht nicht aus. Es muss ein Kabelanschluss von Vodafone Kabel Deutschland vorhanden sein.

robhitchen

I just spoke with the helpcentre and the solution is to get a GIGA TV box then get my sky through that.  So thanks to you all for your great support and correct advice. 

Nadia K.

Hey robhitchen, if I got you right you did not receive a HDMI cable along with your receiver? ~Nadia

herbst

I think robhitchen meant the antenna connection and with the GIGA TV box he now seems to be able to see Sky.

burkhard

Nur mal am rande: Die Giga TV box von Vodafone ist keine IP TV Box, sondern ein Kabel Receiver. Der IP TV Receiver von Vodafone ist das Vodafone TV Center.

herbst

Dann ist die richtig markierte Antwort falsch?

burkhard

Ja ist auf jeden Fall nicht richtig.

Er sagt ja, er hat den Sky Receiver für Kabel bestellt. Mit dem kann er nichts anfangen, da er Internet von Vodafone hat.

Dann hat er bei Vodafone angerufen, und die haben ihm eine Giga Box aufgeschwatzt. Ob er nun gleichzeitig ein Vertrag für Kabel abgeschlossen hat, weiss ich nicht, aber naheliegend. Dann geht es natürlich.

Ist eben schwierig mit einer Fremdsprache und dann noch im Callcenter. Kann nicht gut gehen.