5 Antworten Neueste Antwort am 07.04.2017 19:59 von mthehell RSS

Can not get signal on new sky connection through kabel

spuhh

Hello,

I got a new Sky Box today with the Smartcard and everything. I am trying to install and start the box but there seems to be no signal on the "Schritt 1/5: Suchlauf". The signal quality is at 0%. I have put the antenna cable in to the wall socket and the other side into "Cable In" in the receiver box. I do not know what to do now.

I do not speak Deutsch and therefore am unable to talk to Customer Service.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

• Re: Can not get signal on new sky connection through kabel
          sur

Just to be sure: Have you checked your cable reception directly on TV?

mthehell

Some further information could help the mods around here to help you with your problem.

I assume you live in Germany - Do you have satellite or cable TV? The first solution could be a wrong receiver.

If it is the correct hardware, did you watch TV before (with the former receiver) without any problems concerning the signal strength/quality?

If so, would there be an opportunity to check the current receiver with a different TV access, e.g. your neighbour or a friend? Just to assure that the receiver is working correctly or to prove it is damaged.

That are just the first steps I would check during the idle time untill a mod answers your post and asks for contact via PM..

spuhh

Yes I live in Germany (Hamburg). I have cable TV and the receiver I received is for Cable Boxes.

No I did not watch TV before therefore I do not know about it. I have recently moved to Hamburg and do not know if I should first get Cable TV activated or what I should do. I spoke to Sky representative in the local mall and they said all I need to do is connect the box to the antenna cable that is in the apartment and the box will start working.

I will try to ask a friend however I do not know if this will be possible.

Thank you 

mthehell

Thank you for the info, perhaps we are getting closer.

Concerning the cable access, normally you already pay for the access within your extra costs for the apartment. But it could be that you have to order it on your own (that should be stated in your rental agreement if TV is included or not).

If the cable access is not included, you'll have to apply for that at the local cable network operator in Hamburg (which could be either Kabel Deutschland or wilhelm.tel, I think .

I assume this could be the case, because you don't receive any station - even not with the direct connection cable <-> TV.